Luke Bell, a country music performer, passed away from a fentanyl overdose.

According to Luke Bell's autopsy, who was discovered dead in late August, he overdosed on fentanyl unintentionally.

In a report provided to USA TODAY by the Pima County Medical Examiner's office, Bell's cause of death was determined to be fentanyl poisoning,

and the manner of death was determined to be accidental. Bell had arteriosclerotic cardiovascular disease at the time of his death, according to the autopsy, but this was not the cause of his demise.

According to Bell's toxicology report, which USA TODAY was able to get, fentanyl, a prescription opioid generally used as an anesthetic, may be 80 to 200 times more strong than morphine.

The substance is frequently marketed as heroin and is "often discovered in conjunction with other illegal substances."

The Tucson Police Department verified Bell's death to USA TODAY in a statement on August 30. Bell was discovered dead in Tucson, Arizona, on August 26. 


Click Here